Pages

Monday, 9 February 2009

Crafty Monkeys Challenge #15



Hi there! Here is the card I am entering into the Crafty Monkeys Challenge. The theme is 'Love and Friendship' so I have made this card for my friend Carina. I've seen this image used for male cards a lot before so I was a bit wary about using it but decided to give it a more feminine look by adding the pink and the flowers.

I am quite pleased with the turn-out.






Materials:
Image: Whipper Snapper Designs
Sentiment: Printed off from the computer
Star Gems: PaperMania
Backing Paper: PaperMania
Glitter: Craft Planet
Flowers: Prima


I used my mum's ProMarkers rather than my own Brush Markers as I didn't have the right colours to colour the monkey.


Thank you for looking!

xx


18 comments:

Tara said...

This is fabulous Geeg, so professional! You're right about this image, you do normally think of it for a male card but it looks so sweet against the pink! xx

Zoe said...

Hello Georgia, I love the sweet little monkey and the sentiment. I Bet Carina will love your card. Thank you for joining in with this weeks challenge.
love
Zoe
xxxxx

Rach said...

This is wonderful Georgia, I think that the monkey works brilliantly for a girly card. love the papers that you have used and what a fab sentiment.xx

Lia said...

hi georgia,
I love your cards they are wonderful and stunning. Hope I come back soon and I love your cat.
hugs Lia

Heather said...

WOW - Sensational - a very proffessional looking card. Wonderful layout and I think that monkey look cute in pink - bet Carina loves it.
hugs Heather xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

It's fantastic Georgia. Monkeys work for girl cards and yours works incredibly well. I love that sentiment - it is perfect. I'm sure your frend will be aspleased as punch with this card.
Sharon xx

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fab card, love the monkey image and the papers look great. You have done a great job of making girly card with this image.
Lyndsey xx

Riet said...

wowww Georgia what a beautiful card.

hugs Riet.x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Gorgia, such a cute little monkey and i love your colouring. Big Hugs Nikki x

Lisa said...

Fantastic card Georgia! I luv everything about this card ~ cute image, fab layout, great colouring. x

Chris said...

Beautiful Georgia! I think the monkey works perfectly for a girlie card and you've made it so pretty and feminine with the lovely pink shades in the paper. Nice colouring with your Mum's markers LOL! Chris xx

gina g said...

Georgia this is gorgeous i love it and i'm sure your friend will love it too. luv gina xx

SCRAP DIDI said...

Wo !!!!
is very very pretty card !!
i love monkeys !!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the little monkey.
Great colors.
Hugs sannexx

Anonymous said...

wow fab card i love the image you have used.
thanks for joining in with this weeks challenge.
hannahxx

Sam said...

Gorgeous card, love the way you have put a shadow around the image - must try that.
Sam x

Jasmine said...

Hello I asm Jasmine

I Really Love You Cards I Hope We Can Get To Know Eachother More.
From Jasmine

Jasmine said...

Hey
Im Jasmine
i would really like to get to know you
i am 10 years old
i have a award for you
htt://jazzyjaz18.bogspot.com