I've just had a go at Rach's fantastic tutorial over on her blog for how to make scrunched-up flowers. I've been meaning to try it for ages but haven't really got round to it, so here's my attempt! I would have used glimmer mist on my flower, like it says in the tutorial, but I don't have any! I had a brainwave though, and I remembered that I have a tin of hair glitter spray in my wardrobe that I put in my hair for special occasions.
You can't really tell from the picture, but I've absolutely drenched my flower in the stuff and I'm quite pleased with the result!
I'm entering my card into this week's Charsima Cardz Challenge, where the theme is swirls and curls. There is an optional extra of hearts, but I'd already made the card when I saw the challenge so I haven't included hearts.
I'm not sure who the image is by, or the sentiment, but the colouring is ProMarkers, the backing papers are K & Co., the swirl stamps and butterfly stamps are borrowed from my mum and the rest of the embellishments are from my stash.
Here is a close-up of the flower before it went on the card:
Thank you for looking, and have a nice week! ;)





17 comments:
Hi Georgia this is just gorgeous and you have made a brilliant job of the flower and your colouring of the image. luv gina xx
Beautiful card Georgia... i just love the colours- the papers are yummy, and your handmade flower is really stunning.
Thanks for entering my candy...
Good Luck
Fern xx
Ps. Th image is Penny Black!
Wow Georgia, your card is beautiful, love the scrummy papers and colours and well done you for creating the scrunched flower, I saw Rach's tut too but haven't had a go yet lol! Love the glitter spray on your card, brilliant idea!
A really pretty card. Love your image and the swirls.You made a great job of that flower too it's fab.Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee
Adorable card and image. Like the way you have scrunched up the flowers. Thanks for playing at Chrisma Cardz this week.
Great card Georgia, love your image & your flower is brill!
Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week.
Jan x
What a beautiful card Georgia,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and flower.
Hugs Riet.x
Love this card hun the image is soooo cute and coloured in gorgeously !!!! and WOW that flower is stunning good thinking with the hair glitter xxx
Gorgeous card Georgia, great colours too.
I think your flowers have worked really well, top idea to use your hairspray, I made some handmade flowers a while back and didn't have anything suitable, I know I should look in my make up drawer from now!
Victoria
x
Fantastic card Georgia and your scrunched flower is superb. Great creativity to use the glitter hair spray and looks gorgeous. Love the image and your colouring is really fantastic. Hope you're well, hugs, Chris xx
A gorgeous card sweetie, love the image and how you have coloured it.. your flower is wonderful and what a great idea with the glitter. hugs rachxx
This is so gorgeous Georgia, I really love the earthy tones you've used. Your handmade flower is beautiful and I love your improvised glimmer mist!! And your fab stamped swirls and butterflies finish it all off perfectly,
Really lovely Georgia,
Love Sarita xx
What a cutie and again so nicely coloured! Your flower is spot on too!
Oh Georgia, this is delightful. Fabulous colours and that image is fantastic, love that little mousie hanging on for 'dear life'.
Your flower is stunning and I musst remember the glitter hairspray trick - well done you - that's what I call inventive!!
hugs Heather xx
Georgia -
This turned out beautifully! When I saw your card, I remembered that I have this stamp in my stash - think I'll have to get it out & play with it. Smart thinking on the glitter hairspray!!
Take care,
Janet
Stunning card Georgia. What a brilliant brainwave - I'd never have thought of using glitter hairspray. Your flowers look amazing.
Sharon xx
Love this card Georgia...the image is by Penny Black.
Your flowers are awesome...I must have a go at making some!
Hugs
Carole x
Post a Comment