Hi there!
I'm entering this card into this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge. The theme over there is 'bling' which suits me!
I love adding sparkly stuff to my card so I found this easy. I've put a line of gems along the bottom edge of the image and glitter on Snoopy's plane.
I've made this card for my dad for Father's Day - I'm quite pleased with it as I used a layout I wouldn't normally use.
I also tried distressing which I wasn't very confident in doing but my mum gave me a mini tutorial so I get the basic idea of how to do it now.
Materials:
Image: Snoopy
Sentiment: Printed off the computer
Backing Paper: PaperMania
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Gems: PaperMania
Ribbon: Unknown
Glitter: Stickles
I thought I'd leave you with a few pictures of my dad's new aquarium. He's always wanted one so in secret, we got him one for his fortieth!
He was really chuffed and now we've got some fish in it so I thought I'd show you a couple of pictures.
We have four 'red balloon platies' which we've called 'The Red Arrows' because they're really fast.
We've also got five 'neon tetras' called 'The Jackson Five', lol!
Finally we've got five 'zebra danios'. We haven't thought of a group name for them yet so if you have any ideas, they would be very welcome! They are yellowy-cream with little stripes, if that helps.
Next week we're getting two 'red dwarf gouramis' and a catfish. We're not sure about a group name for the gouramis yet but we're naming the catfish Bobby after my cat who died.
Anyway, I'll stop rambling on now and sign off. Sorry sbout the length of the post!
Thanks for looking!
Thanks for looking!





13 comments:
This is just perfect Geeg and Dad will love it! You are so organised with your cards, much more so than me!!! You picked a fab image and your papers are gorgeous - I love it!! xx
Fantastic card Georgia, I so love snoopy and what a superstar he is in his plane lol! Fab photos of your Dad's aquarium and fantastic names you have chosen for the fish lol!
What a gorgeous card Georgia,l love the colours.
Hugs Riet.x
Fab card Georgia, cute snoopy image. Im sure your dad will love it! Thanks for showing us the aquarium, I love fish! I have some blog candy up for grabs on my blog if you fancy entering?!
Hugs, Vicky -x-
Fab card Georgia, love the Snoopy image. Thanks for joining us this week over on the CCT Challenge Blog.
Caz
x
oooh fab card sweetie, love the image and you have coloured it beautifully!
Hugs Tab xxx
Gorgeous card Georgia, love the snoopy image and the beautiful colour scheme.I'm sure your Dad will love it. Hugs Nikki x
Oh this is fabulous, I love snoopy and you've used him brilliantly. Love the fish too, I once had an aquarium and those were all my favorites too.
luv
Debby
What a fab card for your Dad, Georgia! I love the image and all the great details! Thanks for showing us your fish!!! I love you pics they are brilliant!
hugs,t
What a gorgeous Father's Day card Georgia...love the Snoopy image...thanks for jogging my memory, I've got this fab stamp hidden somewhere!
Love your dad's fish tamk...what a great present!
Hugs
Carole x
Your Dad is going to love his card Georgia, it's stunning! I love Snoopy, I must get some of these stamps sometime and you've coloured him brilliantly. The distressing looks wonderful and it's a great design. I'm so pleased you showed the fish tank, I've been wanting to see it for ages and it's great that you have some fish now, I think the names you've chosen are brilliant. If I can think of a name for your zebra's I'll come back. Take care Sweetie, Hugs, Chris xx
Gorgeous card Georgia! Love the distressed look. I'm sure your dad will love it. Love the fish...they look fantastic!
Judy xx
What a fab card Georgia, you have really got the hang of distressing and I love all too-I bet fizzy loves looking at them!
Love Sarita xx
Post a Comment