Pages

Friday, 2 July 2010

Summer

Hi there! I'm sorry I've been away for so long, but at the moment, I'm struggling to find time to craft because I have exams and coursework to do for school at the moment, as I am doing my GCSEs.

This is my Design Team project for the Crafty Calendar Challenge. My friend, Megan's birthday is coming up in the middle of July, so I painted and decorated this little box I found in my art things and I've bought a little silver and purple charm bracelet to go inside it as a present, which I picked because she loves purple! :)

The theme at the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month is 'Summer', so I used this sweet little Anya image and bright colours to give it a summery feel, especially because Megan's birthday is in the height of summer.


Materials:
Image: The Greetings Farm
Paper: Basic Grey - Nook and Pantry
Flowers: From My Stash
Colouring: Pro Markers
Brad: From My Stash
Gem: From My Stash
Ribbon: From My Stash
Glitter Letter Stickers: From The NEC
I've hardly got any time left now at school before the summer holidays! I'm also looking forward to Thursday 8th July, as I have a kind of work experience day with school, so I will be going to work with my mum for the day! :)
Anyway, thanks so much for looking and have a lovely weekend, let's hope the hot weather carries on!
Love from, Georgia xx







13 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Georgia, this little gift box is so pretty and will make a wonderful keepsake, Megan will love it! I hope you enjoy your work experience day...I remember James doing his last year in a Primary school and he loved it...not long now till the Summer holidays...long may the sun shine for you :) Donna x

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Wow this is gorgeous! Such lovely colours and sweet image. I am sure Megan will love it!

I hope the work experience day goes well.

Lisa x

Fern said...

Hiya Georgia, such a fab little gift box, i love the bright zingy colours- perfect for the challenge, and the uimage is gorgeous too x

Fern xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hiya, I love this little box. Enjoy your workie day!

Liz x

Fiona said...

What a cool box Georgia. You've used some fantastic colours, your friend will love it. Good luck with your school work and the work experience.

Fiona x

Cheryl said...

OMG so beautiful,love that sweet image and the gorgeous summery colours....your friend is going to love it!!! Enjoy your weekend!!
Hugs xx

Tara said...

This box is perfect Geeg and Megan will love it so much..... and the bracelet you picked too! Your coloring is fab abd I love the way you've personalised it with her name on the side, that's sweet!
Lots of love, Mum xxx

Riet said...

So beautiful Georgia,i love the image and the colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

Carole said...

What a gorgeous box Georgia - so beautifully decorated.
Hope your exams are going well :)
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Lexxie said...

This is so lovely Georgia, I love the image.
I do hope all your exams are going OK, at least you've got the summer hols to look forward too afterwards!
Love Sarita xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

I love this box darling and i bet your friend will too xxxx

Sarah Rushton said...

Hiiiii it is a very cool box and it is very pretty, Megan loves it as i can tell :) hope you have a good birhtday ~Megan :D x

MEG said...

Hi Georgia!
Thankyou so much for the box and bracelet, they're both so pretty!I love them! Tankyou so much for the card aswell, I love it, it's amazing!
Thankyou :D x