Pages

Monday, 19 July 2010

Goodbye For Now!

Hi everyone! I'm so glad the weather has picked up a bit! It's perfect timing really, because there is supposed to be a heatwave in the UK over the weekend, and this will be my last post before I go on holiday!

We are going to Harlech in Wales, so this will be my last post before we get back - hopefully I'll have some pictures to show you when we come home!
Here is the beach, nearby to my auntie and uncle's holiday home, where we will be staying - we are just on the right of the beach, how convenient is that? :)

Also, we are right next to Harlech Castle, which King Edward I started building in 1283! Here is a lovely picture of it during sunset.


Anyway, onto my card! I have made this card using one of the gorgeous Tilda images my mum stamped out for me, from her new Magnolia kit. I made it following Bev's fabulous sketch, over at Just Magnolia, which I will be entering it into.

I also used Rach's great tutorial for making flowers using Retro punches, which I love! You can find the tutorial here, or on my sidebar. Thanks for the inspiration Rach! :)




Materials:
Image: Magnolia
Sentiment: Tim Holtz
Papers: Paper Mania
Colouring: Pro Markers
Cardstock: Bazzil
Gems, Buttons & Pearls: From My Stash
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Glitter: From My Stash

I just can't get enough of these Tim Holtz tickets that I have been using so much recently, I love them! :)

I had a bit of an accident when I was making this card! I coloured my image and added a few silver gems for extra sparkle and then I put the image through a cutting machine with a Nestie shape and because of the pressure from the machine, the gems cracked! If you click on the picture, you'll be able to see, hee hee! Oops! :)

Anyway, I'd better get going now, as there's lots of packing to be done before we leave to go to Wales! I really hope the weather will be good while we're away!

Good luck for those of you who are entering my blog candy, I will be drawing the winner on Monday 2nd August 2010!

Before I go, I thought I'd show you this picture of my cat, Fizzy, soaking up the sun in our garden a couple of weeks ago, such a diva, hee hee! :)

Thanks so much for looking and have a great week!
Love, Georgia

































12 comments:

Chris said...

A really beautiful card Georgia and LOL re the cracked gems! I love your colouring and design and your ticket stub is perfect with it! Hope you have a lovely holiday and I'm sure the weather is going to be great so that you can make the most of that gorgeous beach. Have fun! Love and hugs, Chris xxx

Chris said...

p.s. hope your toe is OK and not painful! Hugs, Chris xxx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

oooo Goergia! This looks amazing where you will be staying. I hope the sun shines for you guys! we are heading to berwick on Tweed for 2 weeks on sat so blog land will be quiet without the Welch's and the Laings! Hee hee!

Gorgeous card as always! Love the TH ticket and all the sparkle. I have cracked gems like that too ;)

Hugs Judy xx

Donna said...

Hi Georgia...your card is so beautiful and pretty and I did have a little chuckle what you did with your gems...I did a similar thing with some eyelets once but quite liked the finished effect thankfully lol! I hope you have a fab holiday in Wales and that the sun shines for you...love the pic of Fizzy...she is sweet and fluffy :) Donna x

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Pretty card and have fun on vacation!! Looks gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Wow beautiful card Georgia! The papers and image are so pretty and your colouring is fab. Hope you have a lovely holiday. The location looks fantastic!

Lisa x

Fiona said...

Hi Georgia
Your card is so pretty, and I love the retro flower.
Hope you have a fab holiday in Harlech (I expect you've been to Portmeirion, there's a wonderful beach there, too.)
Lovely snap of Fizzy, my cat does exactly the same!

ttfn x

Ruth said...

Hi Georgia, Lovely card! Your flower is fab! Hope you have a wonderful holiday,Ruth x

gina g said...

Hi Georgia what a beautiful card, as for your holiday i hope you have a fantastic time we stay in Harlech a few years back and it is really beautiful and the castle was lit up of a night, have fun. take care luv gina xx

Cheryl said...

WOW your card is absolutely gorgeous....love everything about it!!! BTW your photos are so beautiful,would love to visit that castle,I find it all very interesting!! Enjoy!!
Hugs xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Georgia,i love the image and your papers.

So amazind photos.

Hugs Riet.xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

such a stunning card darling i hope you had a fab hols xxxx