Pages

Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Snowed In!

Hi there! I don't know about you, but here is Staffordshire, the ground is covered with several inches of snow, and it looks like a blizzard outside! The snow is falling thick and fast, and me and my mum and my brother are at home because mine and my brother's schools are closed, woo hoo!
They're saying it's the coldest British winter in a century, and I'm not surprised, to be honest. It has been absolutely bitter of the last couple of weeks!
Here is just a very quick, basic card I made, with one of these lovely round, scalloped cards that Chris sent me.
Materials:
Image: Penny Black
Sentiment: Studio G
Flowers: Prima
Backing Paper: Dovecraft
Colouring Medium: Pro Markers
Other Embellishments: From my Stash
I am going to enter it into this week's A Spoon Full Of Sugar Challenge, where the challenge is to use hearts on your card. I didn't plan for this to be entered into any challenge when I made it, but how lucky is that that I found a challenge asking for hearts, lol!
Finally, here is my view from my bedroom window this morning. The amount has definitely doubled since I took this picture about an hour ago, and the snow is still coming!

A beautiful snowy tree in my garden.


Thanks for looking and I hope the snow doesn't affect people too badly, although no complaints about getting a day off school! ;)
Love, Georgia xxxx

17 comments:

Fiona said...

Lovely card Georgia, what a sweet image. Love your new look blog. No major snow down here in Sussex yet but lots forecast for tonight.
Enjoy your extra day off school and keep warm.
Fiona x

Jane said...

Such a cute card Georgia love the little cat! It's snowing like that here too, looks gorgeous but glad I'm not going out in it! Jane xx

Victoria said...

gorgeous card, we are only down the road from you and I had to take my sons to school wish we could have a snow day tomorrow x
hugs and happy new year x

jacque4u2c said...

Great job on the card! I love all the detail and the shape! We so not have anything but cold weather - but we have snow in the forecast fro thursday. Enjoy your day off from school - hope you get to do alot of craft projects!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Georgia.

Hugs Riet.xx

Michele Roos said...

Such an adorable card Georgia, love the cute image you've used. Hugs Michele x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Happy New Year Georgia, your card is so sweet and I love the design and cute image, Wow... we haven't had snow yet this year but I think we may wake up surrounded by white stuff tomorrow! Hugs, Nikki x

Ruth said...

Hi Georgia,I love the shape of the card!..and all the little hearts.
Enjoy your day off.We have snow here too and it looks beautiful but I enjoyed it more before I had to go back to work, Ruth x

Kit said...

This is so cute and wow you have had lots of snow. It has been falling here for an hour now so its starting to get pretty deep

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Georgia, love the shape, wrap up warm.xx

Anonymous said...

What a great card but i love the phot's to .Here in Holland is a lot snow to and i'm going everyday ice skeating on nature ice.I love it.
Big hugs sanne

Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome image!

And the snow looks cool!

Donna said...

Hi Georgia, super sweet card, love the colour combo and the cute kitty...flash bit of photo editing there too lol! Our schools are going to be closed again tomorrow...it was hardly worth them opening yesterday lol! :) Donna x

Carole said...

Gorgeous card Georgia and what great snowy pictures!
Hope you've had fun in the snow!
Hugs
Carole x

COCO said...

a beautiful card, so sweet and gorgeously coloured.
hugs coco

Nicky said...

Great card and I love your photos - my kids school has been closed today so we have all been to the wood sledging great fun x

Lexxie said...

Love your kitty scalloped card Georgia, it's really sweet.
Love your snowy pictures as well!
Enjoy your time off school, and stay safe and warm!
Love Sarita xx