Pages

Friday, 26 June 2009

Crafty Monkeys Challenge #29 - 1st Birthday

Hello! Firstly, I'd like to say a big "happy birthday" to Crafty Monkeys, the children's challenge.
There is no brief this week except that your card has to be made only for the challenge so here is my entry.

I embossed the bottom half of the card with one of my mum's Cutllebug emobssing folders and used some of my stash that I haven't touched in a while, which is good.

I made a bit of a mistake but it turned out to be good! In the bottom right-hand corner I punched out a butterfly but it went off the edge of the card so I snipped off the whole corner to get rid of it and I'm quite pleased with the effect so I added some dew drops which were part of the candy I recently received.

Materials:
Image: Tilda
Sentiment:
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Colouring: Pro Markers
Backing Paper: PaperMania
Ribbon: PaperMania
Buttons: From my stash
Flowers: From my stash
Brad: PaperMania
Dew Drops: From my candy

Also, have you heard about Michael Jackson? I turned on the BBC Breakfast Show this morning and there were people with candles and wearing Michael Jackson t-shirts and I couldn't believe it. I wasn't alive for most of his era but I'm so shocked! I still haven't got my head round it! I'm watching an ITV tribute programme now as I type.
R.I.P Michael Jackson

Thanks for looking, have a great weekend! :)

















11 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Georgia,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Lexxie said...

Gorgeous card Georgia, and love your happy accident!
Lovely fresh colours and the embossing folder really adds great texture,
Beautiful!
Love Sarita xx

Fern said...

Gorgeous card Georgia... i love the colours.
The corner looks fab, you've covered your boo-boo well :O)
Congrats on your candy win too by the way!
Gosh, and i can't believe about Michael Jasckson either,i also watched that programme on ITV.
Hope your having a great weekend!
Fern xx

Tab said...

Love your card, such a sweet image and the colours are divine, love it!
Hugs Tab xxx

gina g said...

Hi Georgia Fab card love the colours you have used. The Happy Accident looks great... well thats what i call them anyway lol. luv gina xx

Enjoy your weekend. xx

Rach said...

a gorgeous card Georgia, love the colours that you have used. hugs rachcx

Anonymous said...

Really pretty card Georgia. Gorgeous details and papers.
Hugs
Crole :-)

Sam said...

Gorgeous card Georgia, wonderful colouring. Love this cute image.
Sam x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, beautiful Tilda and lovely details.
luv
Debby

Chris said...

Oh, you're a such a great crafter Georgia, learning how to turn those little accidents we all have into something lovely to look at is half the battle, well done on this one, it looks wonderful with the dew drops. Gorgeous Tilda and colouring and the paper and embossing are so pretty. I couldn't believe it either about Michael Jackson, he's just a few months younger than me and I kind of grew up with him and his music, a very sad day. hugs, Chris xxx

SCRAP DIDI said...

Beautiful card !!
hugs didi