Pages

Saturday, 16 October 2010

Halloween Cutie!

Hello! Wow, it seems like ages since I've posted on my blog! It's a really nice treat when I do get chance to sit and make a card though! I didn't like this card to begin with, but now that it's finished, I'm really pleased with it!

I would have posted it sooner, but my little brother took our camera away on his residential trip with school to Shropshire, so I had to wait to photograph it when he came back yesterday. I missed him a lot!

I'm not a huge Halloween fan, but I thought I'd make a Halloween card for this time of year, so I found this cute little cat from Mo's Digital Pencil! We don't really celebrate Halloween in our house, but my mum will be taking my little brother out trick-or-treating, as he likes the sweets! I'm inviting some of my friends round and we're going to watch the film, 'Gremlins.' I've never seen it, but it's rated 15, so I was wondering if people think it's scary or not if you've seen it? I was just wondering out of curiosity.

Materials:
Image: Mo's Digital Pencil
Sentiment: Printed Off Computer
Papers: Basic Grey - Green At Heart
Cardstock: Bazzil
Flowers: From My Stash
Bat: Cut Out From Cardstock
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Colouring: Pro Markers
Jute Ribbon: Bunny-Zoe's Crafts
Glitter: Craft Planet

There are lots of great challenges at the moment, themed around this time of year, so I'm entering my card into these challenges:

Kaboodle Doodles - Autumn Colours
Cupcake Craft Challenge - Scary Creatures
Stamp Something - Halloween
Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration
Basic Grey Challenge - Autumn/Harvest
Stampin' For The Weekend - Halloween/Fall

I'm definitely looking forward to the X Factor tonight! I also can't wait until I go to The Clothes Show Live with school again in December, I got some military boots today to wear when I go, I love them and am really looking forward to it, yay! :)
Here's a picture of them, so you know what I'm talking about:
Anyway, thanks so much for looking and hope you're having a lovely weekend!
Lots of love from, Georgia xx









24 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Fab card! I love the image and great layout. The sentiment is perfect.

Hope you are having a great weekend.

Lisa x

Fiona said...

What a brilliant card Georgia, I love it. Great layering and co-ordinating colours. Fab sentiment too.
It made me go 'aaahhh' when you said you missed your little brother. Glad he got the camera back safe and sound, wouldn't want to miss out on any of your creations!
Your boots sound cool, any chance of a picture?

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Georgia and I love the jute ribbon. Enjoy your weekend!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Really fun card, great image! And just a gorgeous kitty as well! Thanks for joining us at Kaboodledoodles this week and hope to see you next time. Jill

Faye said...

Oh Georgia, this is a lovely halloween card, really cute and I love the eye mask! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week. xx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Georgia,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Donna said...

Hi Georgia, its lovely to see you back in blogland, hope all is OK with you :) fab little card hun, love this sweet kitty and the gorgeous papers you've used...just perfect for Halloween and perfectly embellished :) Donna x

Lisa said...

Love this card! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something and Cupcake Inspirations!

Ida said...

What a fun Halloween card. Love the kitty image (and your furry friend is adorable too). Thanks for playing the Cupcake Inspiration challenge.
As for Gremlins...it's been years but I seem to recall it's not to scary.

Shirley said...

I love everything about your card Georgia. It has all the lovely colours of Autumn and has so much texture. I love the layout and your cute little image is coloured beautifully.
Thank you for joining us in our challenge this week at Kaboodledoodles and we do hope you will join us next time so we can see another of your lovely creations.
I love,love,love the X factor and I think your Boots are great.

Shirley

Chris said...

Hi Georgia! Your card is really gorgeous and I love your colouring of that cute cat and the way you've put all the elements together, perfect for Halloween. I think your boots are gorgeous too, on trend for the clothes show :) Enjoy the rest of the weekend sweetie, hugs, Chris xxx

Heather said...

Hi Georgia, hope you're well huni!!
Love your boots - really cool!!
Gremlins - scary? No - you'll love little Mogwai (Not sure if that's spelt right)- more eeek than scary.
Fabulous card, love 'Bat cat' - he's so cute, fantastic layout, gorgeous papers and stunning embellies - especially the little bat.
hugs Heather xx

**Farrah** said...

Your card is fab! That's a great image you've used, I love everything about it!!
Gremlins should be safe! I doubt you'll suffer any nightmares from it!
Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles and good luck!
Farrah

Rachel Hope said...

So cute! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Morph Waffle said...

Great card, I like it all.

Liz McGuire, said...

Brilliant fun card,

Liz x

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Georgia i love the image and your boots are fabulous hun. luv gina xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

This card is gorgeous hun and i love halloween :) the boots are really nice and the gremlins is fine hun, me and my brother used to love that film when we were growing up, mogwai is sooooo cute

Tara said...

This card is fab Geeg and your little bat is just the perfect finishing touch! The image is gorgeous and I love the way you've put all the colours together.... CUTE!!
Lots of love, Mum xxx

Giò said...

WOW!!! I adore this card!!! The colors and the details are fabulous and the image..... it's amazing!!!! I want it!!!
Thanks for joining us at Basic Grey challenge.
Hugs, Giò

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Georgia :-) I love the cat image with the fab mask ,, very cute :-)
LOVE your boots too ,,, they're lovely ! great colour :-)

thanks for joining is with us on the Stamp Something Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Cheryl said...

Oh you card is GORGEOUS,love your webbing and that sweet little image!!! Oh very cool boots!! Gremlins is not scary,may be a bit yucky in parts...lol....but you will love it.Its another fav of mine,I even named my cat Gizmo!!
Hugs xx

Chloe said...

hiya, Georgia love it fab cat image very spooky love the backround papers the orange and white flowers really do go

hugs chloe xx

Mummylade said...

this is just gorgeous! Thank you so much for entering the SFTW challenge and good luck! And I looooove your boots!