Hi there! I think you'd better put your feet up, this is a bit of a long post! I hope everyone is having a great weekend and enjoying X Factor, ha ha! I can't believe how awful the weather's been though, but it was OK yesterday though, which was perfect timing for when me and my friend, Megan went to Alton Towers, we had an amazing time!I made this card, as Lisa asked me to be a Guest Designer for the Crafty Calendar Challenge, which I first started with the wonderful team back in October 2009, but I decided to step down from running a couple of months ago, because it just became a bit too much to manage.
Because the challenge has now been running for twelve months, Lisa has managed to find twelve fantastic sponsors, so be sure to go and check them out!
The theme is 'Birthdays', with the optional extra of 'Autumn Colours', so here is the card I've made for the challenge.
Materials:
Image: Magnolia
Sentiment: Studio G
Papers: Basic Grey - Green At Heart
Flowers & Leaves: From My Stash
Colouring: Pro Markers
Colouring: Pro Markers
Glitter: Craft Planet
Raffia Lace: Bunny-Zoe's Crafts
Raffia Lace: Bunny-Zoe's Crafts
Embellishments: From My Stash
Cardstock: Bazzil
I am entering the card into a few challenges too:
- Basic Grey Challenges - 'Sparkle'
- Just Magnolia Challenge - 'Anything Goes'
- Simon Says Challenge - 'Autumn'
We had a brilliant time at Alton Towers, and managed to get on ten rides, and went on some twice! I think people must have been put off going because of the bad weather, as the longest we had to queue for a ride for is about forty minutes, which is nothing compared to how it normally is! We went of Oblivion, Air, Rita, Nemesis, The Blade, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory Ride, Twirling Toadstool, Sonic Spinball, The Flume and Skyride, but we didn't dare go on Thirteen, ha ha! We also scoffed and had KFC for lunch and Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream with hot chocolate sauce, YUM!
Nemesis, very scary!

Oblivion, my favourite!
Sonic Spinball

The Flume, we got absolutely drenched!
Anyway, I'd better go now, sorry for the long post! Thanks so much for looking and enjoy the rest of your weekend and X Factor tonight, if you're watching!
Love, Georgia xx





15 comments:
OMG, Alton Towers looks v.scary. You wouldn't get me on any of those rides, although I have done a bungee jump so I'm not a complete wuss!
Lovely autumnal shades on your cards and a very pretty Tilda?.
I'm watching 'Strictly'!
I'm an Xfactor gal, don't have a fave at the mo' but the oldies are a bit of a bunch!
And those rides are far too scary for me. The big teacups are about my limit!
This card is gorgeous and perfect for this months challenge.
Liz x
So beautiful card Georgia,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers and the flowers.
Wowww so gorgeous photos.
hugs Riet.x
Gorgeous card Georgia. I love this Tilda, and your embellies are fab :)
Looks like you had a good day at Alton Towers! I love rides, but havn't been there before.
I've got something on my blog for you
Hugs, Rachel xx
Gorgeous card Georgia, I love your choice of colours and papers and such perfect colouring of Tilda...beautifully embellished and the little embossed heart looks fab! You look like you had an awesome time at Alton Towers...TFS your piccies! Not imprssed with some of the X-Factor Top 12 choices tonight...me thinks Louis is the only one who got it right! Donna x
Gorgeous card Georgia, i think i'll stay with the crafting i would be crapping it i'm afraid lol, i like to keep my feet firmly on the ground lol. The X factor was great wasn't it i cant believe that Gamu is out of it and that Cheryl kept Katie in ummm. luv gina xx
Hi Georgia, your card is stunning!!!
fabulous papers, gorgeous Tilda and your flowers and details are just wonderful!!
Not long now to the NEC - I do hope you are going - my flights are booked to I'm starting to get excited.
Thanks for joining us im both Basic Grey and the Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx
Hi Georgia
Happy Birthday to Crafty Calendar and it was so nice of you to be asked back as Guest Designer with your fabulous card. Just love the Autumn feel you have given it with your gorgeous Tilda.
You must be totally mad going on all those rides! Still, I did when I was your age, you get to be a scaredy cat when you reach your 30's - make the most of it !
Hugs to you, your Mum and boys,
Jo xxxx
Hi Georgia and WOW, what a gorgeous card! Love your Tilda and wonderful colouring and design. Alton Towers, eek, you wouldn't find me on any of those rides LOL but it looks like you had an amazing day. As Heather said really looking forward to seeing you again at the NEC, hope you're still going? Glad you joined in on the BG Challenge too. Lots of love, Chris xx
Such a gorgeous card Georgia. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x
Love your autumnal card Georgia, Tilda looks lovely and your choice of flowers are perfect.
I've never been to Alton Towers, makes me feel dizzy just looking at your photos but it does look fun though!
Love Sarita xx
Hi Georgia love your card, the image is perfect and the papers are really pretty. The flowers and raffia really bring it all together nicely. Glad you had a lovely time at Alton Towers.
Kim xXx
Fabulous card, the colours are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at JM this week x
Hi Georgia, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet Tilda image and fab colours. The flowers are stunning.
Thanks for making such a fab GDT card for our 1st Birthday Challenge :o)
Lisa x
Oh what a gorgeous card Georgia,beautiful colours and flowers!!! Love your photos,looks like you had fun,though I think I would be sick....lol....
Hugs xx
Post a Comment