Pages

Friday, 4 June 2010

My First Easel Card!

Hi there! Wow, I can't believe how nice the weather has been recently, perfect for half-term! Although, I wasn't so thrilled to be woken up by builders hammering and drilling on a house across the road from me at eight o'clock this morning! ;)

Today is the start of Challenge 9 of the Crafty Calendar Challenge, and the theme this month is 'Bugs and Beasties'. It sounds really tricky, but the possibilities are endless - you could make a pretty girly card or an insect card for a male.

I can't believe I've never tried it before, but this is my first easel card that I have made for my Design Team card. I always imagined it being really tricky to do, but I was surprised when I realised they're actually really simple and I love the effect it makes!





















Materials:
Image: I can never remember what brand they are, even though I've been told so many times! :)
Sentiment: Studio G
Papers: Basic Grey - Green At Heart
Flowers: From My Stash
Jute Ribbon: Bunny-Zoe's Crafts
Colouring: Pro Markers
Embellishments: From My Stash
Glitter: Stickles

Well, thanks so much for looking and enjoy the rest of the week and the weekend. Enjoy the rest of Britain's Got Talent, if you're watching it - so far, Spellbound are my favourites! :)

Love, Georgia xx

11 comments:

Marianne's Craftroom said...

The image is Buzzcraft and such a sweet one. I just love easel cards and they are much easier than you think but look really impressive. A great challenge, I'll be there again. Marianne x

Fiona said...

Fairydoodles!
Great easel card Georgia, perfect for this challenge. Thanks again for asking me to play.
Hope you get a lie-in tomorrow!

Fiona x

Cheryl said...

Absolutely adorable Georgia,love your images and the background DP is perfect!!! A fantastic job on your first easel card.....I love it!!
Hugs xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

i love this card i think you have done such a brillaint job on this easle card hun. have a fab weekend xxxx

Saskia said...

Beautiful card... so creative and so unique!!

Saskia :)

Donna said...

A really beautiful card Georgia and such pretty papers you have used, the butterflies are stunning and so is your flower arrangement...a really pretty card...enjoy the rest of your school hols :) Donna x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Georgia,i love your image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Gorgeous card! Such a cute image and fab papers.

Hope you have a great weekend before school starts again on Monday :o(

Lisa x

dj1952 said...

What a cute card! The details are fantastic. Easel cards are one of my favorites, too.

TFS,

Debra (dj1952)

Lexxie said...

Love your easel card Georgia, it is so effective and really pretty.
Weren't Spellbound fantastic? So glad they won they really deserved it, although I am a huge fan of Twist and Pulse!
Love Sarita xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous easel card Georgia, love the image and pretty papers. luv gina xx