Pages

Sunday, 28 March 2010

NEC, New Stash & A Card!

Hi there! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend, it feels so strange when the clocks go forward, doesn't it?
I had a fantastic day at the NEC yesterday and it was such a lovely experience, meeting so many lovely bloggers for the first time and stocking up on some gorgeous new stash! I had a brilliant time and thank you to all the lovely people I met who made it so special, I'll definitely be coming to the next one in November, hee hee! :)

I couldn't resist getting out my new stash and making a card with it! Everything on this card is new, apart from the Sizzix die for the corners, which I borrowed off my mum. I'm really pleased with this card and I think I'm going to give it to my soon-to-be step-grandma, whose birthday is coming up in April.


I am entering this card into a challenge I just discovered, called Crafty Catz. Their theme for this week is 'white and one other colour', how convenient is that?! I was planning to make a white and pink card last night and this is the perfect challenge to enter it into! :)
Materials:
Image: Magnolia (given to me by the lovely Chris!)
Paper: Not sure, but from the NEC!
Roses: Magnolia
Glimmer Mist: Marshmallow
Glass Beads: From my new stash!
Doily: From my new stash!
Pearls: From my new stash!
Colouring: Pro Markers
I really enjoyed making this card and I loved using my new things!
Here's a picture of all my new stuff! I didn't really have anything specific in mind that I wanted to get, but I definitely wanted to stock up on some more flowers and embellishments, which is exactly what I did! :)







I also wanted to show you this bag I bought while I was there, great isn't it?! :)


Finally, here are a few pictures of the blogging people me and my mum met up with.
Sorry for the extremely long post! :)







Mum and Jo











Tab and Kim




Chris, Heather and Claire
Well, that's all from me for now, phew! :) Don't forget to watch the Dancing On Ice final tonight, I can't wait!
Bye for now! Off to Tesco now to get some soup and rolls for lunch, mmm!
Love, Georgia xx

16 comments:

Caroline said...

Stunning card Georgia!! Great image coloured to perfection it's so pretty. Glad you had a great time at the NEC I better start saving and maybe I will be able to ge to the next one. Caroline x

Caroline said...

Forgot to say I love the new pic!!!

Heather said...

Hi sweetie, gorgeous card you've made with your new stash, love that delightful Tilda (fabulously coloured) and those roses are scrumptious. I seem to have known you for ever so I was so happy to actually meet up at last, and what a fabulous day we had, can't wait until November!!!
hugs Heather xx

carol said...

hello, love your new stash, you sound as if you had a fantastic day, Your card is gorgeous hun, love your embelishments, thanks for joining in with CraftyCatz, hugs carol x

Liz McGuire, said...

Hey, first off I hope you put your clock forward and not back, wouldn't want you to be late for anything! Secondly that card and new stash are yummy. And thirdly isn't it fab to meet up with people. I met a couple of blogging buddies at the SECC a few weeks ago. Enjoy the Easter break.

Liz x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Georgia
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz for this week's challenge,
Hugs Dianne xx

Victoria said...

fab card and wonderful haul you got there. Didn't get to go this time :(
Hugs
Victoria
x

Tara said...

Firstly I have to say this is such a gorgeous card Geeg! WOW!!! It;s so delicate and pretty and I love the way you've placed all the embellies! This is one of my faves you've ever done..... I know I say that alot, hee hee!
I'm so glad you enjoyed yesterday and we did have great fun meeting up with everyone didn't we?
Lots of love, Mum xxx
PS. The way I see it, the more we go to these shows, the more stash you can buy and the less you have to pinch off me, lol!! xx

Julie said...

Your card is fabulous Georgia - you've put your new stash to good use!! Loved all your NEC pics - would have loved to have been there!! Glad you had fun! Juliexx

Fiona said...

Totally gorgeous card Georgia, just so pretty! Nice to hear about your day at the NEC and to see your photo's. Very envious of all that new stash you've got.

Fiona x

Kim Costello said...

Well Georgia, it was wonderful to meet you yesterday and your card is stunning I love the pretty layers and your soft colours work so well with your beautifully coloured image! Thank you for popping by my blog and your lovely comments, HuGs Kim :)

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW darling this card is stunning and how jealous am i wish i was at NEC your new stash is gorgeous, cant wait to see more makes with it xxxx

Kim. said...

Gorgeous card Georgia, love the soft colours of this card and the beautiful image. Glad you had a lovely time at the NEC and got some really yummy stash.
Kim xXx

Donna said...

Hi Georgia, your card is so beautiful and pretty, I love the delicate feel to this card and the gorgeous splash of pink you have added through the flowers. It looks like you had a fantastic time at the NEC, met lots of wonderful crafters and bought some scrummy goodies...I hope you have lots of fun using them up :) Donna x

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Georgia

Wow, what an amazing card, I just love it. I love all the soft, delicate colours and your gorgeous doily you have used. Now, I didn't see that Tilda stamp at the show, must have been the only one I missed !!!

It was so fantastic to meet you at the show, what a wonderful time we had. Thank you for putting up with us all nattering for England, I hope you took some good notes behind that yummy bag of yours !

Take care my darlin and hope to meet up with you again soon.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

gina g said...

Hi Georgia this is so beautiful love the new stash...sounds like you had a fab time at the NEC. luv gina xx