Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't posted in so long, I've just lost my mojo to make cards a little bit, which I think is partly because of the fact that I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and we'll be starting to pack pretty soon, which I think has just put me out of the mood for getting crafty, for some reason.Anyway, at school every Thursday at school we have a special afternoon where we are off-timetable and do something different that we wouldn't normally do and the activity changes every new term, so at the moment, I am doing crafts. We are doing different types of crafts, like cardmaking (yay!), ceramic-painting and jewellry-making, which is what we did last Thursday.
A lady came in who owns her own craft shop in a town near where I live and gave us tutorials on making jewellry, and I found it really interesting and relaxing to do and really enjoyed it and I was really pleased with the end result.
I made this necklace and matching earrings to give to my mum for Christmas, so she has had strict instruction to not look at my blog for a while, hee hee!
I also made a little label out of card to attach the necklace and earrings onto, but I don't want to wrap it because the earrings keep coming out of their holes, and it's just easier to give it to her as it is.
I've also bought her a set of Russian dolls, as she's always said how much she likes them and I just thought it would be something she'd be really pleased with.
I missed school on Friday, because I had a sore throat and a bad cough and cold, but I was feeling a lot better at the end of the day, so I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at the cinema with a couple of friends, and it was fantastic, I loved it! I would definitely recommend it to anyone thinking of going to see it, it's brilliant!
My cough got worse over the weekend, so I stayed off today as well, but I think I'm going to back tomorrow, I'm glad I still got to see Harry Potter though!
Thanks for looking and have a lovely week!
Love, Georgia xx







10 comments:
It's a gorgeous set Georgia! Lovely colours! hope you feel better soon! hugs, Jane xxx
Hi Georgia, Wow this set is really lovely! I love the colours. It is such a lovely gift and I am sure your mum is going to love it! I have never tried jewellery making but they run classes at my local craft shop and I keep thinking I must have a go.
Sorry to hear you have been unwell but glad you were okay to see Harry Potter. Hope you feel better soon.
Lisa xx
This is so wonderful Georgia.
Hugs Riet.x
So pretty! She will love it!
Wow Georgia this is a beautiful set which I am sure your mum will love. Sorry you have not been feeling too good but hope the worst is now over. Plus I really hope your house move all goes to plan, I'm sure it will all be for to mum and dad to arrange but it can still be a strain on you all.
Kim xXx
Hi Georgia...I'm a bad blogger too and ahve only just got round to catching up on comments left over the last few days! Your jewellery is amazing and I just know your Mum will love these especially as you have made them for her! Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly last week but great news you still got to see the new HP movie. Hope all goes well with the move hun :) Donna x
This set is lovely, Georgia!
Hope you're feeling much better now.
Absolutely beautiful Georgia,your mum is going to love her chrissy present and best of all......you made it!!! I am glad you enjoyed Harry Potter,I haven't seen it yet.I wait until most people have seen it......because I like to go when it is not so packed.
Hugs xx
The jewellery is really pretty!:)
And, I'm going the Clothes show on Saturday, are you going on the Tuesday?xxx
Wow, the things they do at school these days!! Your jewellery is fab Georgia, your Mum will love it.
Good luck with the move.
Fiona x
Post a Comment