Pages

Sunday, 7 February 2010

Bold & Bright & A Lovely Award!

Hiya! Hope everyone's enjoying the weekend - I know I am! I had a lovely meal in McDonald's today and a McFlurry for afters, much to Mum's annoyance as she's dieting, lol!

I went bold and bright with my card today, which isn't something I do very often. Can you believe these gorgeous papers were from a big pad that came free with a magazine?! There are tons of beautiful designs in the pad and they're really good quality!




The image is by Sugar Nellie, one that I haven't used before.
I'm entering my card into two challenges:

Cupcake Craft Challenges - Four-Legged And Furry (I used the bunny image)

Crafty Monkeys - Love or Friendship (I used the friendship sentiment)

Materials:
Image: Sugar Nellie
Sentiment: Studio G
Colouring: Pro Markers
Papers: Magazine Freebie
Flowers: Prima
Brads: From my stash
Pearls: From my stash
Red Cardstock: From my stash
Iced Gems: From my stash
Border Punch: Martha Stewart

Thanks for looking and have a nice week - last week until half-term for me, yay! :)

Hugs, Georgia xx



















UPDATE: I've just received this award from the lovely Laura at Faerie World Cards - thanks so much Laura! :D
For this award, I have to say ten things that make me happy - here goes:
1. My Family
2. Getting Lost in a Book
3. Writing
4. Cardmaking
5. My Cat
6. Doing Well at School
7. Cooking Meals for my Family
8. Listening to my Favourite Music
9. Lie-Ins (a rarity!)
10. Rainy Days, Thunder Storms, Cold Weather - Anything Wintery!
OK, I have to pass this onto five Bloggers - I will pass it onto:
Thanks again Laura!
xxxxx



19 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and the flowers match the papers perfectly. I love the papers and are one of the best magazine freebies I have had.

Enjoy your last week at school before half-term.

Lisa x

Chris said...

Hi Georgia! I love your card sweetie, what a beauty and your colouring and design are gorgeous. That was a great free gift with the mag, the papers are so pretty. Your poor mum and the mcflurry incident, you meanie LOL!!! Hope you enjoyed it though. Hugs, Chris xxx

Pretty-In-Ink said...

This is really cute! I LOVE the funky colours!

Jane said...

Gorgeous card Georgia! love those papers, what a great freebie and your design and details are fabulous! hugs, Jane xx

Tara said...

This is totally your best card ever Geeg and I'm so proud of you..... you're getting better and better and you have a real eye for putting pretty colours and patterns together!
This card is just SCRUMMY!!!!
Lots of love, Mum xxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Georgia,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Liz McGuire, said...

Hey Georgia, your Mum's right. Your cards are getting better and better. I love these colours and that is such a sweet image.

Liz x
buttonsforbrains

Victoria said...

love it Georgia, this is your best card yet. Love the image and adore those papers - you're buying the right magazines!
Hugs
Victoria
x

Donna said...

Super sweet little card Georgia, I love the bold bright colours and the gorgeous little bunny image...a really pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Fiona said...

What a lovely cheerful card Georgia, great papers especially as they were a freebie. Half term already, can't believe it!
Fiona

Laura (Faerielore) said...

oh i love this card hun, such a sweet image and the bright bold colours are fab

Laura (Faerielore) said...

theres a little something on my blog or you xxx

Fern said...

What a gorgeous card Georgia, i just love the colours and fabby papers- can't believe they were free with a mag... Love the flowers....
STUNNING.
Enjoy your week xx

Fern xx

Heather Huggins said...

This is super cute!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and saying hi!!

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Georgia

I got here in the end !! Your card is just gorgeous, I love the papers you have used and your imag is just fabby with perfect colouring.

Thank you so much for the award - I really appreciate it.

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Linda Brun said...

Beautiful card. Realy love the image nad happy colours you have used.
Hugs

Cheryl said...

This is so adorable Georgia,so bright and cheery and love your image!!! Enjoy your weekend!!
Hugs xx

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeous card, love the design and colours and congrats on your award.
Hugs
Desire

Zoe said...

Hello Georgia, I love the Sugar Nellie image and I love your beautiful colouring with the pro markers. Thank you for entering this months challenge.
love
Zoe
xxxx