Pages

Thursday, 15 October 2009

Getting Crafty - But No Cards...

Hi there! I thought I'd show you a couple of things I've been making that aren't to do with cards.

At school, now I'm in year nine, every Thursday afternoon, me and the rest of my year get to have the afternoon off-timetable to do other activities of our choice, so I chose to do a textiles workshop where we got to make bags!

So, over the last six or seven weeks, I've been making this bag and it's been brilliant! It's a lovely atmosphere too, as it's all girls and we get to have the radio on in the background while we work.

I used applique on my bag (butterfly and flowers) and learnt how to sew buttons.

Here are a few pictures of my bag:


The Inside & Lining


















Flower One
Flower Two
Butterfly
And finally, I wanted to quickly show you this cake I've made tonight. My mum's having a Breast Cancer Awareness Day at work tomorrow, and she asked if I fancied making a cake for her to sell, to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
Here it is!
Thanks for looking and enjoy the remainder of the week! :)
Love, Georgia xxx

10 comments:

Tara said...

I'm not sure if we'll be selling it Geeg..... we might just eat it instead, lol!
the cake is perfect and you did such an amaxing job of the bag, it really blew me away! Not sure where you got your sewing skills from, not me the queen of faux stitching, hee hee!
Lots of love, Mum xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Gorgeous bag! I would love to be able to sew. Might have to learn one day. Your cake looks yummy!

Lisa x

Donna said...

Beautiful bag Georgia, you've done a grand job putting this together and you have embellished it brilliantly, I love the little pearls and buttons you have used! Your cake looks so yummy, if I worked with your Mum I'd buy it...for such a good cause too :) Donna x

Tab said...

Oh hun, your card is fabulous, love all the buttons and that cake looks yummy love the colour!
Hugs Tab xxx

Michele said...

Hi Georgia

Wow your bag is fab! and that cake looks yummy too!

Thank you for your lovely message about my Dad, it was very kind of you.
Take care
Love Michele x

Kim. said...

Wow it must of been top of the class for you lol that bag is gorgeous and you have taken alot of care and detail in the making of it. I have always loved to sew but when it comes to baking a cake I am hopeless, all my kids can cook better than me and three of those are boys lol.
Hope mum makes of money for the cake and her campaign, thats if you haven'e eaten it by now!!!
Kim xXx

Victoria said...

ooh I like, nice job matching the lining with the applique. I love to see a bit of home sewing, I studied textiles at college and university and we used to get to make stuff like this too, such good fun.

Thank you for your sweet comment today too

Victoria
x

Cheryl said...

Your bag is gorgeous Georgia and your stitching is perfect!!! Well done!! Love your beautiful cake as well......YUMMMM!!
Hugs xx

Lexxie said...

Wow Georgia, I didn't know you were multi talented! Your bag is really funky, it's beautifully sewn, and what a fab contrasting lining as well.
As as for your fab cake...it looks mouth-watering!
Love Sarita xx

Anonymous said...

How clever are you Georgia? Fabulous bag with wonderful details...love the lining :-)
Your cake is delcious...I bet there was a rush to buy it...!
Hugs
Carole x