Pages

Thursday, 18 August 2011

Messy Rabbit Card & Gift

Hello! I hope everyone is having a great week! I can't believe nearly four weeks of the summer holidays have gone already!

I made this card and some earrings in a little gift box for my great-grandma, who turns ninety-two in just over a week. Sorry the photos aren't very clear. I took them last night in my garden and the light wasn't that good, and I couldn't take anymore today because I've packed everything up to post off to Reading, where she lives.
Anyway, I used this cute Messy Rabbit image by Joanna Sheen, as I thought she might like it. I also tried out my mum's new Magnolia Doohickey die, which I really like because it'll go with a lot!

Materials:

Image: Joanna Sheen - Messy Rabbit

Sentiment: Printed Off The Computer

Papers: K & Co. - Classic

Flowers: From My Stash (Green One Coloured With Pro Marker)

Ribbon: From My Stash

Swirls: Magnolia - Doohickey Die

Swirl Stamps: Lizzie Ann Designs

Doily: From My Stash

Colouring: Polychromatic Pencils

Dew Drops: From My Stash

Pearls & Pearl Hearts: From My Stash

Distress Ink: Tim Holtz - Brushed Corduroy


Here are the box and earrings I made to go with the card. I really like making earrings - they're so quick and easy and make really nice simple gifts!


The papers I used for it are from the same pad as the card, K & Co. Classic; the flowers and pearls are from my stash and the sentiment was printed off the computer.

I'm going to enter the box and card into a few challenges, but separately.



I'm entering the card into these challenges:

- A Spoon Full of Sugar - Happy Birthday


- Oldie But A Goodie - The Great Outdoors


- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Bingo (Top Line - Blooms, Pearls and Doily)


I'm entering the box into just one challenge:

- Allsorts Challenge -Anything But A Card



Anyway, have a nice week and weekend and I will be back soon hopefully with some more cards before the end of the summer holidays!


Thank you for looking, bye for now!

Love, Georgia xx

15 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Georgia These are gorgeous hun your great gran will love them and congrats to her too wow 92 yrs, i hope your making the most of your hols now as they will be gone before you no it lol. Take care luv gina xx

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, What a lovely card and gift for your great grandma ... I am sure she is going to love these :-)

Hope you are enjoying the school hols!

Lisa x

Fiona said...

Your great gran will love her card and gift Georgia, handmade items are always more special. Well done on both, they are beautiful.x

Laura said...

Hey Georgia, this card is stunning !!!! your nan is going to love it xxxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Such a sweet little box so much nicer to give/receive a present in a home made box...

Thanks for playing with us at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Donna said...

Hi Georgia, this is such a sweet and pretty card, I think your Grandma will love it espesh as she has a matching gift too! Yup, not long till school starts again...enjoy your last couple of weeks of freedom. Please come and sew Sophie's name tapes into her uniform lol! :) Donna x

Claire said...

Such a gorgeous card and what a cute bunny! Thanks for playing along this week at An Oldie But A Goodie. Hugs, Claire x

Riet said...

So beautiful Georgia,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Debs said...

Beautiful gift set for your Grandma - happy 92nd birthday to her.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts and fir sharing it with us at An Oldie But Goodie this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Kim. said...

Oh Georgia what a beautiful card, gift and gift box you have made. I am sure your nanny will love them.
Kim xXx

Louise said...

Hi georgia wow what a fab gift and all beautifully made
Hugs louise xx

Cheryl said...

WOW GEORGIA,what a STUNNING card and your image so beautifully coloured!!! Love your beautiful earrings too,I would love to make jewellery,just no time to do it!! BTW looking forward to seeing your parcel,thanks so much for your help!!
Hugs Cheryl xx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, absolutely stunning Georgia, I am sure your Nanny will love her present and card and treasure them.

Enjoy the rest of the school hols !

Hugs,

Jo x

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card and such a wonderful gift! I'm sure she's going to treasure them! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us over at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Chris said...

Fantastic Georgia, beautiful card and a gorgeous gift box too, I bet she loved them. Hope you're well and enjoying the hols still. Love Chris x