Hi everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I last posted - I can't believe it's the last week of the summer holidays already! It seems like ages since I've been at school, but at the same time, the last six weeks have gone really fast.
My mum and dad will both be at work on Friday, so I'm taking my little brother to my school, which he will also be starting next week, as the new starters are invited to come and look around to make themselves more familiar with the school before they start.
I'm also really pleased about my GCSE results, which I collected on results day last week. I'm just about to go into year eleven, so they're not my full results, but just for a few modules I did this year towards my final grades. I got an A in biology, an A in history, a B in maths and in geography I got an A and an A*, so I'm really thrilled!
Anyway, this is a card I made for my mum and dad's anniversary last week, as they have been married for seventeen years now, which is why I added the number seventeen to the card.
I went for a clean and simple feel for a change, which is really different to the kind of cards I normally make. I had a go at making one of my mum's torn roses, from the tutorial on her blog. It's not a patch on hers, but I'll definitely try them again - it's nice to make my own flowers for a change!
Materials:
Image: Sugar Nellie
Sentiment: Hero Arts
Pearlised Card: Crafters Companion
Numbers: Printed Off My Computer
Glitter: Stickles
Butterfly Punch: Unsure
Gems: The Hobby House
Swirl Stamp: Lizzie Ann Designs
Border Punch: Martha Stewart
Colouring: Polychromatic Pencils
Flower Centre: Prima
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last card, I really appreciate it!
I'm entering this card into these challenges:
- Less Is More - Take 3 Challenges - (Week 3 - Spring, Week 5 - Pastel Colours & Week 16 - Butterflies)
- Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes
- Oldie But A Goodie - Lots Of Sparkle
- Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes & Blog Hop
Hopefully I'll be back before I go back to school with another card. I'm looking forward to seeing my friends again and starting a new term, but on the other hand, I don't want the summer holidays to end!
Anyway, thank you for looking and enjoy the rest of your week!
Love, Georgia xx





18 comments:
Hi Georgia Gorgeous card i bet your mum and dad loved it. Well done darling with your results i'm not surprised that your trilled i bet mum and dad were too, my little grandson is starting school next week bless him he loves wearing his uniform i bet he wont be so keen next week though. luv gina xx
Lovely colouring Georgia and Happy Wedding Anniversary to your mum and dad.
Your GCSE module results were great, congrats for those.
It's really good to see you at "Less is More".
Thanks so much and see you next time.
Chrissie
"Less is More"
Gorgeous creation
Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a goodie challenge and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca
Beautiful card Georgia, your colouring is amazing and the punched border on the card is sooooo pretty! Congratulations on your results hun, well done on such fab results :) Donna ♥ x
Hi Georgia, it's lovely to see you around again - and with such a lovely card! Congratulations on doing so well in your exams.Sounds like you worked hard and deserve to do well! Hope all goes well in the new term, Ruth x
This is a beautiful card Georgia, I'm sure your parents were thrilled with it and the rose looks pretty good to me.
Lovely card Georgia, sweet images
Great to see youo
Thank you very much
Mandi Diva LIM
"Less is More"
Aw, how cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.
Beautiful card and congrats on your results
Hugs Louise xx
Oh wow, Georgia your card is fabulous! I bet your Mum and Dad loved it!
Well done on your results, they are wonderful you must be so pleased! Good luck with your new school year!
Hugs Tab xxx
This a really great card and great results in your exams ,well done you! x
Gorgeous card Georgia and congrats on your results. Carol x
Gorgeous card Georgia :-) I am sure your Mum n Dad love this! the image is very cute and I love the rose you made ,, beautiful :-)
congratulations on your exam results too !! woo hoo !! :-)
thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp-tember hop and treasure hunt :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Super card Georgia I bet your Mum And Dad loved it and well done on your results - all that and a great card maker too I'm impressed
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie for Tracy's Sparkle challenge and good luck
Hugs Laurie x
Wow, well done in those exams!
Great card,
Liz x
Fab entry, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x
really gorgeous card i love that sugar nellie stamp and your colouring is beautiful,congratulations on your fab results too thank you so much for joining us at oldie but a goodie this week
hugs sara x
I love the punch you used around the edges! This is a lovely card for a neat celebration!
Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
-Sarah
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter!
*Like us on Facebook!
Post a Comment