Pages

Thursday, 5 May 2011

A Card At Last!

Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since I last posted! Blogger has been really playing up, so I haven't been able to post for ages without all the text in my post grouping together, which was really annoying, but it seems like it's back to normal now, so I hope it won't play up any more.



I made this card for my dad's birthday, which was a couple of weeks ago. I had another go at paper piecing, which I've only tried once before, but really enjoyed. I also used my cute Max & Whiskers pad by Basic Grey, which I won in Liz's blog candy, which is really good for male cards. I'm always a bit wary about male cards, because I think it's hard to know what to put on them because you don't have the choice of flowers and pearls and things like that.

Materials:
Image: High Hopes

Sentiment: Unsure, Magnolia (I Think!)

Lettering: Borrowed From My Mum

Papers: Basic Grey - Max & Whiskers

Border Punch: Martha Stewart

Ribbon: From My Stash

Cardstock: Bazzil

Colouring: Polychromatic Pencils

Gems: From My Stash

Buttons: From My Stash

Distress Ink: Tim Holtz - Brushed Corduroy


I am addicted to these little Scrabble-style letter stamps of my mum's, they're great for spelling out short sentiments or personalising a card with a name!


For my dad's birthday, me and my brother joined together to buy him a ticket to see Footloose at the theatre, and my mum also bought a ticket, so that she could go with him, as they both love their eighties music! My dad was really pleased with the ticket and they had a brilliant time!


I am also entering this card into these challenges:

- Cupcake Craft Challenges - Something Beginning With C (Criss-Cross)

- High Hopes Challenge - Anything Goes

- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes

- Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Paper Piecing

- Bunny-Zoe's Monthly Challenge - One For The Boys


I am so glad I've been able to post this card at last! It was so frustrating not being able to post without my layout being messed up!



Did people enjoy the Royal Wedding? I thought it was really nice and everyone looked lovely!















Anyway, I'd better go now. It was a real shock to the system to go back to school after a lovely long two weeks off and a nice relaxing Easter, but I'm really looking forward to my work experience week, which is coming up soon! I am going to my old primary school, so it should be really good!


Thanks so much for looking and enjoy the rest of your week!

Love, Georgia xx











12 comments:

Caroline said...

Fab Card Georgia!!! Cute image and you're right those letter tiles are fab do you know what make they are?? And I loved the royal wedding I would have liked to watch in peace but I still enjoyed it among all the Meyhem here.
Caroline x

Donna said...

Hi Georgia, fantastic card and such brilliant colouring too...I love your added detail and the fab punched border, it looks brill! Hope all OK with you and that school is OK...only 3 weeks and you break up again for half-term lol! Donna x

Faye said...

This is a super card. I love your C element. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cupcake. x

Liz McGuire, said...

Great card, glad you like those papers. The wedding was magical, loved every minute!

Liz x

Delphine said...

Your card is fantastic, Georgia! I love the image, beautifully coloured and paper pieced and the scrabble letters are brilliant! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Liza said...

Gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

Liza x

Louise said...

Wonderful card and the image is perfect bet your Dad loved it and know what you mean about the long holidays takes a while to get back into routinte.
Louise xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Georgia :-) The image is adorable and the papers and paper piecing are fab ,, I am sure your Dad loved this :-) I love the scrabble stamps too ,,, I need to buy some of those !! :-)

Good Luck with your work experience :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Tanya S said...

Adorable card!Thanks for joining us at High Hopes.Hugs Tanya

Cheryl said...

So beautiful,your image and papers are perfect for a male card!!!
Hugs xx

Heather said...

Hi Geeorgia, hope you're well sweetie and you've sorted out your computer problems!! Sorry I haven't been 'a visitin' recently - feet don't seem to have touched base this hear!! Your Dad's card is fabulous, fantastic design and those Max & Whiskers papers are perfect, especially with the red. It's a fabulous image and great colouring.
love
Heather xx

Laura said...

WOW hun this card is awesome, i always struggle with mens cards xxx