Pages

Saturday, 21 May 2011

Pink & Sparkly

Hello! Hope you're having a nice weekend wherever you are! I'm making the most of having a free Saturday, without homework or revision to be getting on with. I had a biology exam on Thursday last week, which went quite well. I felt quite confident, but then I realised there was an extra question at the end that I hadn't known about, and I had no time to do it! So, that will have dropped me a few marks unfortunately, but there's nothing I can do about it now, and hopefully it won't affect my grade much.
Anyway, I've got a little breather now until my maths and geography exams in the middle of June, phew!

I had a little challenge hop earlier and there are lots of great challenges about today, so I've made a pink, girly and glittery card and I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Materials:
Image: Sugar Nellie
Papers: Imaginisce
Cardstock: Bazzil
Colouring: Polychromatic Pencils
Sentiment: Fairy Doodles
Lace: From My Stash (From Heather)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz - Brushed Corduroy
Glitter: Stickles
Pearls: From My Stash
Felt Butterfly: From My Stash
Swirl Stamps: Lizzie Ann Designs
Flowers: From My Stash
White Circle: Nestabilities

Can you believe I'm entering this card into ten challenges?! You'd better sit back and put your feet up, ha ha!

- A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge - Anything Goes
- Crafty Emma's Store Challenge - Three Types of Embellishment (Lace, Pearls & Flowers)
- Charisma Cardz Challenge - Birthdays in Pink
- Crafty Calendar Challenge - Teddy Bears
- Creative Card Crew Challenge - Cute and Girly
- Creative Inspirations Challenge - Lace & Pearls
- Oldie But A Goodie Challenge - Teddy Bears' Picnic
- Papertake Weekly Challenge - Bloom & Grow
- Simon Says Challenge - Sparkle 'n' Shine
- Truly Scrumptious Challenge - Anything Goes

Wow, that took a while to link up, hee hee!
Well, I'm off to have a walk to the shop and get some chocolate and then veg on the settee for the afternoon, bliss!

Thanks so much for looking - have a lovely weekend! :)
Love, Georgia xx








19 comments:

NGCARDS said...

This is a very beautiful card! Thanks for joining in with our Challenge of Lace & Pearls over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Nana Diana said...

Wow Georgia, that is one seriously fabulous card. I love the layout, the bright and cheery colours and the great combos of flowers. It's so striking and yet not too busy!! Awesome job girl!!

Liz McGuire, said...

Love the pink Georgia, cool card,

Liz x

DesignerDiva said...

This is super, I love the teddy and the DP's are FAB!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Oldie But A Goodie and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Georgia such a pretty card. Good luck with the exams. My Jessica is doing he finals atm and her last day next thursday before returning to 6th form.
Thanks for taking part in this weeks CES Challenge and for your kind words!
Clairexx

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Julie said...

A beautiful card, Georgia - your layout and papers are super and love your colouring of little teddy!! My daughter had Biology too - fingers crossed for you! Juliexx

Louise said...

Just so pretty and gorgeous Georgia.
Louise xx

Louise said...

Just so pretty and gorgeous Georgia.
Louise xx

Ruth said...

Hi Georgia! Your card is beautiful!! I hope your exams are going well! Don't worry - they'll be over before you know it!! lol! Ruth x

Heather said...

Hi Georgia, hope your exam results are great and good luck with the Maths and Geography!!
Your card is fabulous - those papers are stunning, beautiful details (glad the lace came in useful) and your colouring of that little knitted rabbit is just brilliant.

So glad you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
love & hugs
Heather xx

Donna said...

Adorable card Georgia and oh so pretty...love this bear and your choice of papers! Beautiful added detail especially that little felt butterfly...too cute! Godd luck for the exams in June :) Donna x

Clare Brown said...

This is so cute, loving all the embellishments you have used. Goodluck at Charisma this week

Jo Nevill said...

Hi Georgia

Glad to hear you are OK and getting through those exams. I am sure you will do extremely well in them despite missing that question at the end !

Your card is just beautiful, love the image (which is coloured perfectly) and those scrummy papers which I just love.

Give your Mum my love and tell her I am always thinking about her even if I haven't been in touch for a while ! Promise I will be soon.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenge with your fantastic card.

Hugs to you all,

Jo xxx

Leah l'Orange said...

so cute! love the little teddy, and your layering and distressing is just gorgeous! thanks for playing along at Charisma! xo

Lexxie said...

Your card is so pretty Georgia, love the gorgeous papers and ted is coloured perfectly.
Fingers crossed for your exam results despite missing a question, I'm sure you'll be OK,
Love Sarita xx

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Wow this is a FAB card! Such a sweet image which you have coloured beautifully and I love the gorgeous papers and flowers.

Good luck with your exams and hope missing the one question in the biology exam won't affect your grade too much.

Lisa xx

lynne said...

What a gorgeous card. The colours are fab!
Good Luck with your exams...i am sure you will do great!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calender this month!

Lynne x

Cheryl said...

So adorable and beautifully coloured.....I love it!!!
Hugs xx