Pages

Sunday, 20 February 2011

Spring Card & An Award

Hi everyone, hope you're having a nice weekend!
I'm so glad I don't have to go to school tomorrow, now that it's half-term! Today, we went to see the new Narnia film at the cinema, Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which was brilliant! I love the Narnia films, but this one was even better than I expected!

















I made this card to fit in with a few challenges, seeing as I couldn't find any for my last card. I'm entering it into the following challenges:
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Love
The ABC Challenge - 'O' is for Old Fashioned (Vintage, distessing etc).
Charisma Cardz - Spring
Allsorts Challenge - Inspired By Nature
Cute Card Thursday - Shiny

You might recognise this image, I think it is Penny Black but I'm not sure. Before, the rabbit was holding a big bunch of flowers and leaves with a little mouse holding onto it, but I ended up cutting it down a bit after I'd coloured it, because it just looked strange against the background!

Materials:
Image: Penny Black (I think!)
Sentiment: Hero Arts
Papers: Basic Grey - Porcelain
Jute Ribbon: Bunny-Zoe's Crafts
Beaded Ribbon: From My Stash
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz
Flowers: From My Stash
Pearls: Martha Stewart
Scalloped Circle: Nestabilities
Cardstock: Bazzil
Colouring: Polychromatic Pencils

I had another go at using my mum's Poly pencils and I really love them, tee hee! I've definitely got the bug for them now and they're much easier to use than I thought they would be!
Anyway, better go now. I've got lots of work to do over the holidays, as I have a couple of exams and assessments coming up when I go back to school.

Before I go, Fiona, Rachel and Caroline have given me this lovely award and I just wanted to pass it on. Thanks so much for the award!

'You have been TAGGED and want to participate? Then create a post where you post the 'LOVE BLOG' image. You should also blog the persons link that gave you the award and inform her/him that you accept the award. You can then choose 3 - 5 favourite blogs which you also link in your post, then each blogger will inform you that they have been tagged
Dear bloggers:The aim of this action is that we bring unknown, good blogs to light, probably more known than mine but I just want to share their gorgeeous cards if you haven't already visited them! So I would ask you not to blog fellow bloggers that already have 3,000 followers. This is the hard part passing it on as ALL you fellow crafting bloggers deserve this award but rules is rules & I am passing this onto...'


- Heather - Rica's Haven
- Sarita - Little Princess Cards
- Tara - Happily Ever Crafting

Bye for now and thanks for looking!
Love, Georgia xx

17 comments:

gina g said...

Hi Georgia Gorgeous card I love the cute image and the pretty papers, hope you enjoy your half term. luv gina xx

Lisa said...

Hi Georgia, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet image and I love the backing paper and gorgeous flowers.

Hope you have a lovely half term holiday :-)

Lisa x

Donna said...

Gorgeously cute little card Georgia, the bunny is so sweet and you added embellies are perfick! Hope you have a fab school hols hun :) Donna x

Unknown said...

awww... such a sweet,sweet card! Love the papers you have used, and the image is just so cute! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!
/Sari

Not Specified said...

hi Georgiaa!
Loving the card, its so cute!
we really do need to sort out the fashion stuff haha, I forgot to mention but Sarah might have told you I found a 1970s vintage dress at my gran's we could use if you like?:)
see you soon xxx

Fleur said...

This is really pretty. I love all the texture
Thanks for joining my nature challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Lexxie said...

Your card is beautiful Georgia, I love all the pinks and browns and the little bunny is so sweet!
Thank you so much for the award and thinking of me, and well done for getting it yourself,
Love Sarita xx
PS: Don't work too hard!! Hope you enjoy your half term.

Cecelia said...

Very, very cute! Love the mesh and the dp is very pretty! And the image is just darling. Thank you for joining us this week over at ABC Challenge;0)

Hugs x
Cecelia B

Cheryl said...

Awwww this is adorable,beautiful papers and details!!! Love the little bunny!!
Hugs xx

Clare Brown said...

cute card, I just love those flowers and the sentiment.Goodluck at charisma

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great Card loving the mix of textures it gives great dimension....

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Chris said...

Hi Georgia! This such a gorgeous card and very clever of you to alter the image to suit your card. Love your colouring and LOL re your Mum's pencils :). Gorgeous details and embellies too, I like all the textures you've added. Well I hope half term is going ok so far and you can get some time to relax when you've done your studying. Love and hugs, Chris xx

Louise said...

Hi Georgia and wow what a fab card love all the texture and colours, the bunny is so cute too, enjoy your holidays.
Louise xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

such a beautifulc ard darling and the paper are gorgeous xxx

Heather said...

Hi Georgia, hope you're well - sorry I haven't been around for ages - so many problems, last one being my eyes and not being able to use the computer. Sorry I shall miss seeing you at the NEC - maybe next time!!!!
Gorgeous card, I love your layout and gorgeous papers, that little bunny is so cute and your embellishments scrumptious, especially that beaded ribbon.
Congratulations on your award and thanks so much for thinking of me and passing it on.
I have practically written a book here - is it any wonder I suffer from serious computer generated eye strain!!!
Love and hugs
Heather xx

The Style Rawr said...

Awwwww this is sooo sweet. We love it!!

P.S Your mum has the coolest name ever ;)

T & J

www.thestylerawr.com

XoX

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, there are so mamy lovely little details, Ruth x