Hi there! Sorry it's been so long since my last post!It looks like it's starting to rain a bit now outside here, but at least it's a bit milder today! I can't believe we've only been living in our new house for just over a month, and it feels like we've been here for months and months!
For my card, I was about to colour my image when I saw my mum's Polychromatic pencils and I thought she wouldn't mind if I had a little go, as I usually use Pro Markers.
I am so pleased with how this image turned out on my first attempt and pleased that I've found a style of colouring that really suits me! I really enjoyed the colouring and found it quite easy to get the hang of, probably because I'm used to shading and rendering because of art at school!
Mum better watch her pencils now, hee hee! Also, it means I can try colouring much more delicate and intricate images, because before I would be worried about using an image like this because my Pro Markers tend to bleed over the edges in the very fine areas.
I went for a sepia effect on this card with the colouring and tied it in with the browns and neutral colours in the papers, and I'm pleased with how it turned out.
I'm sad that I used that last of my Tim Holtz tickets though!
Materials:
Image: Sugar Nellie
Sentiments: Tim Holtz
Papers: My Mind's Eye
Flowers: Prima
Stamping: Stempelglede
Colouring: Polychromatic Pencils
Leaf Punch: Martha Stewart
Pearls, Brads & Spacers: From My Stash
Charm: Sent By Kim
Distress Ink: Tim Holtz - Brushed Corduroy
Here is a closer view of the coloured image.
Anyway, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend and Happy Valentine's Day on Monday!
Thanks for looking!
Love, Georgia xx





10 comments:
Georgia this is beautiful, your colouring is so good for a first time with the polychromatic pencils and it looks good against the colours of the background.
Kim xXx
WOW! I can't believe this is your first attempt with my pencils Geeg, it's sooooooo good! The card is gorgeous and I love the soft tones!!
I expect I can manage to let you have some more Tim Holtz tickets but I'm hiding the pencils away under lock and key now, lol!
Lots of love, Meem xxx
Hi Georgia,
What I could see of your card was fabulous, the colouring (if I can call it that?) is superb, but there were two gaps in your post where I think there should be pictures?
BTW there is an award for you on my blog.
Have a lovely weekend.
x
very nice work excellent colouring x
Wow Georgia, your colouring is amazing and fantastic for a first attempt. Beautifully embellished and the little tickets are the perfect finish...hope you have a good weekend hun :) Donna x
Wow Georgia your card is stunning. I just love the colours, so effective and the card is beautifully embellished!
Clairexx
Beautiful card and your colouring is perfect.
Liz x
WOW Georgia,your colouring is AMAZING.......everything looks PERFECT together!!! Beautiful work!!
Hugs xx
I have to get some of these polychromatic pencils, you have a lovely mum sharing her stash with you! Your colouring is perfect Georgia and looks lovely with the subtle colours of the background.
Fab work,
Love Sarita xx
Stunning work georgia!!!!
There is an award for you to pick up on my blog
Luv Caroline x
Post a Comment